[wikka-community] spam against pages where comments are disabled

adam adam.stokes
Wed Jul 25 16:11:06 GMT 2007

Hi Brian,

Comments in-line

On 7/24/07, Brian Koontz <brian at wikkawiki.org> wrote:
> Adam--
>
> Thanks for using WikkaWiki!
>
> This is something that we're working to address in a near future
> release (1.1.7 or possibly an interim release).
>
> In the meantime, there are a couple of options:
>
> 1) Set the default write ACL in wikka.config.php to !*

I am trying this option first, seems to be the least instrusive measure :)

> 2) Upgrade to the trunk version of Wikka (it's stable at the moment)
> and disable registrations

This is something I am looking into for the very near future, is there
any upgrade docs in your the scm(cvs, svn) that I can look at?

> 3) Install a registration captcha (http://www.wikkawiki.org/FreeCap).

I'd like to keep this wiki as stock as possible it makes my upgrades
very smooth :) Also when looking through what users are registered I'm
the only one its like they are able to inject the code directly into
the pages without registration somehow.

Thanks for the tips!

Adam