[wikka-community] A patch to add mysql "SET NAMES" query

fishy fishywang
Fri Jan 26 17:18:10 GMT 2007

I didn't have a MySQL < 4.1 to test, but from the code, it MAY be safe
on MySQL < 4.1.

But I can't guarantee anything, hope somebody can do a test -- just a
test, don't use it on your valuable wiki environment -- to say if it
will break wikkawiki, or bring out some php warning or something.

On 1/27/07, Dario Taraborelli <dartar at wikkawiki.org> wrote:
> Hi Fishy,
>
> thanks for sharing this - the use of SET NAMES will be necessary as
> soon as we provide full Unicode support, indeed.
> This will only work for MySQL>4.1, though, for earlier versions of
> MySQL Unicode support is not available.
> Wikka currently requires at least MySQL 3.23 to work.
>
> Best,
> Dario
>

> On 26 Jan 2007, at 16:22, fishy wrote:
>
> > My apologize that there's a typo in the blog title, the blog entry url
> > should be:
> > http://wang.yuxuan.org/blog/2007/1/26/
> > mysql_collation_charset_problem_and_patch_for_nucleuscms_and_wikkawiki
> >
> > On 1/26/07, fishy <fishywang at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi, folks:
> >>
> >> This patch is used to avoid wrong character stored in database. for
> >> more details, there's a blog entry:
> >> http://wang.yuxuan.org/blog/2007/1/26/
> >> mysql_collation_charset_problem_and_patch_for_nucleuscms_and_wikkawik
> >> ki
> >>
> >> The patch it self:
> >> http://wang.yuxuan.org/files/wikka_dbcharset.patch
> >> --