[wikka-community] Wikka on a USB stick?

Marjolein Katsma javawoman
Fri Dec 14 17:07:51 GMT 2007

At 17:31 2007-12-14, Dario wrote:
>The DokuWiki developer recently announced a self-contained, auto-
>installing wiki package [1] running on a USB stick with a MicroApache
>distribution [2].
>It'd be great if we could write a similar package for Wikka.
>MicroApache is a stripped down Apache 2.0 with minimal PHP 4.4.7 and
>MySQL 4.1.9 support.
>
>Dario
>
>[1] http://www.splitbrain.org/blog/2007-12/01-dokuwiki_on_a_stick
>[2] http://microapache.amadis.sytes.net/

Let me add [3]:

[3] http://wikkawiki.org/WikiOnAStick

That page was created on 2005-10-20 by GmBowen (Mike). ;) Our installation
instructions link to it.

So what's to write? We were there first (thanks, Mike).
As to a light-weight web server, Lighttpd would be an excellent option,
too.  We even have a page explaining how to install Wikka on it *and* have
URL rewriting.

[4] http://wikkawiki.org/WikkaInstallation
[5] http://wikkawiki.org/LighttpdConfig

--
JavaWoman
Web Standards Compliance Officer, Wikka Development Crew